Equestrian New Year's Resolutions by Equestrianista
Posted on December 31 2016
Every year at this time we are bombarded with tips on making, and keeping, New Year’s resolutions. Many are geared towards fitness and personal goals. That got us thinking- what as equestrians could we do better in the new year? We decided to create equestrian-inspired resolutions that many of you can probably relate to.
Repeat after me:
1) I will commit to stepping outside of my comfort zone and talk to more than just my horse. This year I will get to know my neighbors better.
2) I will not catch my horse in my new tennis shoes that I swore I would not wear to the barn. Even if I think I have mastered the tippy toe dance through the muddy "dry" lot...I will end up looking like a tough mudder!
3) I will listen to my friends when they tell me I talk about horses too much…just kidding, I’ll get new friends!
4) I will finally take that friend of a friend riding. The one that keeps telling me she's a "really good rider...I rode all the time when I was younger!".
5) I will remember to clean under my nails after giving my horse his bum rub, so non-horsey people will stop looking at me like I’m a dumpster diver.
6) I will stop dressing my gelding like a mare (once I actually get a mare).
7) Above all, I will try to purchase more clothing that does not directly relate back to horses or equestrianism. Ha, ha, that was a funny one!
Do you have any 2017 resolutions? We would love to hear! Please share below ;)
Happy New Year and thank you for an amazing 2016! From emails, phone calls, and in person boutique shopping - we loved getting to meet even more of you! Thank you to each and every one of you for making 2016 the best yet! As a token of thanks use code 'NewYear' at checkout to receive 10% Off today and tomorrow! (includes New Arrivals & an additonal 10% Off already marked down Sale items!)
xoxo Julie - Equestrianista Founder